With the holidays fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about some gifts for the runners on your list (and maybe to drop some hints for yourself). Here are some holiday gift ideas from $400 and up.
If your runner is a triathlete or likes to do some cross-training, an exercise bike is a great gift. I prefer an upright exercise bike. The Schwinn 140 Upright Exercise Bike is a solid machine and sells for around $400.
When the weather turns nasty outside, it’s nice to have a treadmill to run on. If you are thinking about giving a treadmill as a gift, it’s important to buy on with the right characteristics, including:
- A belt size of at least 20” x 60”
- A Continuous Duty motor with at least 2.5 HP
- Speed settings that go up to at least 12 mph
- Incline settings that go up to at least 12% (and down to a -3% decline, if possible)
- Compatible with a Polar Heart Rate Monitor Strap
- A water bottle holder
- A built-in fan
- A headphone jack
- A good warranty
You can spend a lot of money on a treadmill, but the Horizon T102 is a pretty good one and runs about $800.
What’s on your holiday gift list this year? Tell me in the comments.
Watch next week for a post on Stocking Stuffers for Runners.